We can not do the work we do
without your support!
Northern Ontario Families of Children With Cancer (NOFCC) is always in need of caring energetic, and organized people who would like to volunteer their time to an extremely worthwhile organization.
Our volunteers have included:
- youth, high school and college/university students
- community groups
- local businesses and staff
- people just like you.
We have many events, support activites and fundraising efforts that need people who have a few hours a month to strengthen their community.
If you have some free time and would like to volunteer in any capacity, either as a Board Member, a committee member (such as fundraising, marketing, working on a specific event that we host or an event that is held on our behalf), please contact the NOFCC office and we can discuss how you can help us in some vital way.
Familes across Northern Ontario need your help – call 705-586-3229
Board Recruitment Announcement
Northern Ontario Families of Children with Cancer wishes to invite interested candidates to submit their resume in application to join our volunteer Board of Directors.
Northern Ontario Families of Children with Cancer’s mission is to provide hope, support, education and advocacy to families who have a child diagnosed with cancer in Northern Ontario. In order to achieve its mission of enhancing the lives of children and their families coping with childhood cancer, NOFCC provides a variety of services, delivered through three core program areas:
- Financial Assistance
- Educational Supports
- Emotional support and Advocacy
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals with experience in: finance, education, fundraising and special event management, public relations, communications, administration, community contacts, and especially those with non-profit and board experience.
General Board Member Expectations:
- Champion and help progress Northern Ontario Families of Children with Cancer’s mission, vision, and values;
- Attend the AGM and meetings of the Board of Director’s (10 annually), prepared to listen well, thoughtfully consider issues, and participate fully and honestly in discussions and decisions;
- Make a serious commitment to participate in committees of the Board, and stay informed about committee matters, prepare well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports;
- Support the work of the organization by attending activities and events whenever possible and encouraging others to attend or participate;
- Suggest possible nominees to the Board who are people of achievement, can make significant contributions to the work of the organization,
- Be willing to assist in the building and growth of the organization
Applications for consideration may submit online or be submitted to:
1901 Lasalle Blvd., Sudbury, Ontario P3A 2A3
Attention: Nominating Committee
EMAIL: email@example.com/nofcc/ FAX: 705-586-2180